Rescheduled match of the 28th round of the EPL between Manchester City and West Ham will be held on May 3 at the Etihad Stadium.
he Citizens beat Fulham 2-1 away on Sunday. It was their eighth league win in a row, and it put them not only close to leading Arsenal, but also one point ahead of them. On top of that, Josep Guardiola’s charges have one more game to spare.
- Manchester City does not lose in the APL for 11 matches, in which won 10 victories and once played in a draw.
- The team strongly leads in the number of goals scored in the championship – 84 goals.
- At home the Citizens have a 7-match winning streak in the APL, in which they did not score less than two goals.
- At the Etihad, Josep Guardiola’s charges score the most in the league – an average of 3.4 goals per game.
David Moyes’ side had a shootout with Crystal Palace in the last round, losing 3-4 at home. It was the second straight defeat for the team in the league, leaving them in 15th position and just five points ahead of their nearest rival from the relegation zone.
- In the previous 10 seasons, West Ham only had fewer points in this stretch of the championship in the 2019/20 draw than in the current one (by 3 points).
- Londoners do not leave the field without scoring for the last 8 matches in the APL.
- In 14 previous away league games, West Ham have only two wins (3 draws and 9 losses).
Guardiola’s side have made an excellent run in the league. In addition to winning the APL, the team can take the FA Cup and win the Champions League this season. To stop such a machine at the finish of the season will be incredibly difficult, especially for West Ham, which has only the 16th result in the championship away matches (3 wins and 3 draws in 16 games).
I expect from the upcoming match only a confident victory for the “citizens”, which in the remaining matches it is desirable not to lose points, as Arsenal still has not lost chances for the championship title.